View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 02:54 AM   #48
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Randy Moss To The Patriots?

Its hard to say whats going on in Moss's head as regards what he wants from his next team.

Does he value catches/yards/TD's over the chance of getting a ring?

I think he definitely would be happier with the playcalling of the Packers - interceptions dont reflect on a receivers numbers and Brett rarely lets 3/4 interception games make him conservative.

I'd be excited to have Moss on the team, because that would mean the Patriots FO were confident he was the right man - howevere im far from convinced that is the case.

I've read all sorts of crazy stuff on the Patriots board with fans desperate to justify Moss's history - he loves the game, yet takes plays off ...contradictory stuff like that...etc etc

The latest wisdom is that the solid vet presense in the Patriots lockerroom could be enough to make Moss see the error of his ways.

Maybe when Schefter brings something a bit more concrete i'll be excited - he seems to have been spot on so far.

On a related note, i've heard strong rumors (stronger than the Moss ones anyway) that Stallworth is very keen to sign a 1 year deal with the Patriots to show them, and the rest of the league what he can do.

Thats probably contingent on the eagles not re-signing him, who I think are his first choice.

Its one to keep an eye on anyway.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 03-06-2007 at 03:03 AM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote