Thread: Pens Tidbits
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #1333
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

"but we don't want to dig ourselves those kinds of holes." - Sid

"We can't leave it to chance like that, especially right now," Armstrong said. "We got lucky."

Good attitude and right on the money. It's comforting to know that they are not resting on "a win is a win" type of attitude at this point in the season. Fleury needs to get his head back on straight. This goes back to the last five games of our winning streak. Between rebound control and letting the cheap goal in I'd have to believe Therrien is not exactly comfortable with Fleury at this point in time.

While Fleury is giving up the rebounds and the cheap goal, our defense is nothing to write home about. Between being unable to clear the puck and coughing it up in their own zone they are not helping Fleury's cause. We are missing Eaton and maybe that possible trade for a solid RH DD.

On offense (and I can't believe I'm saying this), but Sid and Malkin need to start netting some goals. I don't think it's helping when Therrien pairs Sid and Malkin on the same line. I'd prefer those two on separate lines. Thankfully, I don't see it lasting. I think Therrien is just trying to give them both a spark in order to get them out of their scoring droughts.

Also, Christensen has no business being on a third for fourth line and I loved seeing him play on that second line last night with the healthy scratch being Omelette. Christensen can't score when he doesn't have the players to feed him the puck. Put him on a line with talent and he put's the puck away. Unfortunately though, I wouldn't put it past Therrien to fall back on his secret man-love crush for Omelette and putting him back on that second line while putting Christensen back on the third when we meet Jersey this upcoming Thursday.

Anyways, here's to hoping we start playing better hockey in the weeks to come. Yesterday's game won't do it. That poo-poo won't fly come playoff time.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-07-2007 at 10:07 AM.