View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 12:50 AM   #34
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Bellichick orders Steelers trainer away..9/28 Update; Trainers Pres. Surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywater
I'm simply more amazed that you even care. How does this affect your team winning or losing at all?

So, to talk about it to get a cheap "we're better than them" does ring of jealousy. And if our coach is a jerk to you guys, what else would you want? Him to send you a cake or cookies?

To quote Herm, "You play to win the game." This is just a strange topic, and the self-righteousness in it is weird too. If it doesn't affect the game or your playing, I just fail to see what this has to do with anything other than a "we are better than them". That is settled on the field at game-time.

I really am not talking trash. I respect your team alot, you are a great team and have great players, but this is exactly what Colt fans do and I just figured you guys were above & past that. That's what struck me as odd.
Hey DW,

I have decided to stay clear of this topic pretty much.
These guys are like a dog with a bone... the more you try and take it off em - the more they pull harder to keep it going.

I say - let em have it - trying to make a constructive argument in favor of our coach is seen as saying the Pats are perfect - between me and you we know that this is a classic case of displacement.

For all the pretence - its just a medium for ridding themselves of some of the frustration of last sunday.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote