Old 03-14-2007, 11:58 PM   #1420
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Most definitely! Wow - everyone contributed tonight in some way and Thibault was outstanding in goal! Great division and road win for our Pens! Did you enjoy watching Roberts dump Rupp into the Devils' bench? LMAO! That guy has the toughness of players 20 years his junior.

What the hell is with the ice in that place? Steigerwald was talking about it and said they keep the temp too warm in there - that ice looked extremely choppy.

P.S. Have you decided yet how you would prefer your egg? And no - I'm NOT letting you live it down.
I can see that - LOL! Hey, I deserve it after all of the pessimism I've been spewing lately, and will take my lumps like a man.

That ice was some of the worst I've seen this season - I agree with Steigerwald's theory that the Devils' brass deliberately keeps the ice choppy against teams like the Pens to give them an advantage. Unethical, maybe, but certainly not illegal. Meanwhile, the ice in our old barn has been rated among the best in the league. Go figure.

Speaking of Roberts vs. Rupp - here's a clip of the fight. You just gotta love Roberts - old school in every sense of the word, plays his tail off on every shift and is as tough as shoe leather. Can't wait to see the old warrior perform in the playoffs!

[YOUTUBE]H570XuL9vgg[/YOUTUBE]