View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #23
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,120 Times in 4,603 Posts
Default Re: SteelCzar76's Mock 1st rnd. (And i'm sticking to it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
I have you guys going with Revis because of the contract situation with Assante Samuel. I also have you guys taking Eric Weddle at Safety because let's face it,......Harrison is a stud,....but he may be on the downside of his career. (Along with the fact that you guys seemed to have filled your needs at WR and LB via free agency.)
Weddle is not a physical specimen,... but to me he has Patriot written all over him. He was extremely productive at Utah. He's a fundamentally sound, disciplined, hard worker with great range,... and is always 'around the ball'.
He's not flashy,.. but he's a playmaker. The knock on him was his speed (or lack thereof) but he turned in a 4.4 at the combine.
You could go with a 'physical' stud like Sabby Piscitelli,.....but Weddle just seems like a better fit. Simply put,....the kid is a 'Football player' IMO.
you know who weddle reminds me of? a smaller version of brian urlacher. he can do anything on both sides of the ball (rb, wr, cb, lb, s) and has the same motor and intensity. however it is common for the nfl to sleep on WAC players because of the supposed "lack of competition".

the biggest question mark on urlacher, tomlinson, faulk, s. young was that they played in the WAC yet theyre all HOF potential players who are some of the best (if not the best) players in their respective draft class.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote