View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: How many games will the Pirates win this year?

The players union won't allow the salary cap.What they don't realize is that if there is no cap (and if there is a cap they need a salary floor forcing owners such as the Nuttings to spend some money) then eventually baseball will die off like everyone thought the NHL was gonna do.

Pirates fans don't wanna watch the same-old teams compete for a World Series every year.We don't want to see the Yankees win any more championships...and we don't care if the Red Sox go 86 years without another World Series.

When Jason Bay and Freddy Sanchez become free agents,there is no way we will be able to match the offers given to them by the Red Sox,Yankees,and Dodgers give to them.We will have to hope by that time the Pirates are competing for the division title or wild card and team loyalty to keep them.

Oh,and for how many games I think the Pirates will win this year...I won't give a number but I'd say they have a good chance to finish around the .500 mark for the first time in what seems like forever.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote