View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,367 Times in 4,304 Posts
Default Potential 1st Rnd Draft Day Trades

i still see alot of paul posluszny being perfect for the steelers and of course he is a "homestate favorite" coming from linebacker U. but ive seen him really low on alot of boards which makes me wonder if hes our guy do we trade down and who is our trading partner? what teams are looking to wheel and deal on draft day? i think you always gotta look out for denver and patriots to be movers. they definitely wont hesitate. the raiders could shake things up drafting the rights to calvin johnson and possibly get mike vick or eli manning value by trading them away. here is some scenarios pat kirwan has in his latest mock draft.

http://nfl.com/draft/story/10069968

Quote:
2. **Tampa Bay (after trade with Detroit): Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech -- There is a relationship between Lions head coach Rod Marinelli and Tampa Bay general manager Bruce Allen and Allen loves to make deals. After the great workout by Johnson, it's time to move up to get him but not until the Raiders make their selection. There's no sense to move up if Johnson is already gone. The Lions get Tampa's second- and fourth-round selections to move down.

4. **Detroit (after trade with Tampa Bay): Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame -- Detroit selects the quarterback of the future and will come back early in the second round with picks Nos. 34 and 35 and get the critical needs at safety and linebacker.
Quote:
7. **Atlanta (after trade with Minnesota): LaRon Landry, S, LSU -- With Brady Quinn gone, the Vikings are interested in moving down and the Falcons don't want to miss the opportunity to get Landry. Minnesota gets Atlanta's third-round selection to move three spots.

10. **Minnesota (after trade with Atlanta): Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas -- The Vikings still get Anderson to help bolster the pass rush. And with the third-round selection they pick up from Atlanta, the Vikings can put it together with their second-round pick to move up to the bottom of the first round to draft a wide receiver.
Quote:
24. **New Orleans (after trade with New England): Greg Olsen, TE, Miami -- The Saints need a tight end and they must get ahead of the Jets to get Olsen. New Orleans gives up a fourth-round pick to move up.

27. **New England (after trade with New Orleans): Anthony Spencer, LB/DE, Purdue -- Even though the Patriots signed Adalius Thomas, Spencer makes plays and is a long-term answer opposite Thomas.
the detroit trade makes the most sense assuming the raiders are so in love with russell they leave all that value on the board. detroit could land either quinn or thomas, so moving down to 4 is a no lose situation for them. if steelers do move down, i think it would be good to swap with the giants in a reversal of last years move and use the additional pick to move up in the 2nd, or possibly even gain an additional 2nd which could be huge with the players still left on the board.

anyone see any juicy draft day trades happening?
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote