Old 03-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,041 Times in 3,058 Posts
Default Re: Potential 1st Rnd Draft Day Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim View Post
It'll be interesting, for sure...but I bet it'll play out like it does almost every other year, and the top 10 teams just make their picks...
the glazers and gruden are praying for this. better to get the best player in the draft for a #4 pick alone and #4 pick money. but it makes me wonder... to they covet him so bad or are they just falling in love with the idea that if the teams above them may draft according to need and logic he falls into their lap.

the worst thing for the raiders or detroit (or even cleveland) would be to draft calvin and the bucs call their bluff and say "nah, we dont really want him. we'll trade down and take okoye"

Quote:
I really see the Redskins trading down - they have alot of needs and a straight forward way of addressing them.
the washington scenario is interesting cause its definitely time they get rather than give and because of the early speculation about them wanting dre bly and denver wanting ledell betts (despite getting henry). theres no telling what denver will do, ever. they want a DE after losing out on henry and what if say g. adams is passed on by arizona. washington could be sitting pretty and have a partner to dance with.

ive seen pitt, nygiants, eagles, and patriots as possible landing spots for paul poz. 15 could be too high but they take a gamble moving down if they really want him and the giants do too. last year it was speculated the giants wanted s. holmes, but were willing to settle for s. moss. i wonder if theres an agreement to make movement between 2 teams, if the giants would have to tell the steelers they werent gonna snag their guy.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote