View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 09:45 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,842 Times in 2,096 Posts
Default Re: Potential 1st Rnd Draft Day Trades

the rooneys definitely got good relations with all the old school owners (well maybe not al davis). if they did do a deal with a team i think both parties would know the intentions. their most recent trades were with w. mara's giants and l. hunts chiefs. id be much more skeptical if they were dealing with the newbie owners like blank, snyder or *gasp* kraft.

most teams know what theyre getting when dealing with the steelers and that they are fair. steelers not putting a poison pill in their attempt to acquire the 49ers punter is a fine example. the 49ers still owe the steelers for negotiating a very favorable deal for them and im sure those favors might be re paid when a draft day maneuver is proposed.

it seems most teams are hesitant to trade in fear of missing out on something or making the wrong decision, but with denver being bold enough to trade for cutler when they still had plummer in place, some teams eyes may have been opened that its ok to take a chance and not be anchored to players already on ones roster.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote