Old 10-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: oktoberfest in new mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JoKeR
I live in the base housing but it's technically off base here lol. The BRAC kind of screwed everything up with the base. They basically gave it 3 years to find a new mission or it closes. This means that if it doesn't find a new mission, then the government will not be obligated to financially aid the town as they turned down previous offerings. I don't care much though, I've got a job to do and I'll do it where I'm told to do it. I know what you mean about myron not being on the radio anymore. I loved listening to him when I went home on leave, but all good things must come to an end. I got the sunday ticket though which I've had for 3 years now. It's DEFINATELY worth it. Plus, all the guy's I work always think they know everything that happens because they saw it on the sportscast lmfao. What do you do at holloman?
i manage the custodial contract. the govt cutbacks are hurting us bigtime. they trimmed our budget by 40%, roughly half a million annually. last friday i had to lay off 13 employees, cut the hours of 16 others. we had 11 who werent affected. in the meantime there will be about 100+ bldgs that are gonna go to crap. i hear holloman may send cannon its centrifuge for fighter pilot training to help give it a mission. just rumors though. i believe its one of a kind for the air force. that may help. my dad grew up in pittsburgh and at 18 joined the military and got stationned here. same story with you?
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote