View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #37
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Dear Steelers Fever Forums Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Sigh. I'll try to explain it again, but it gets so exasperating sometimes.

I just the other day got... an Internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday, I got it yesterday. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the Internet commercially.

They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the Internet. And again, the Internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.

There. That should clear it up.
My 'Introduction to Internets' hand book clearly describes the Internets as a series of mid-size to large trucks that deliver information along the 'superhighway'.

Im pretty sure the 'series of tubes' theory is old news.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote