View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Prospecting for Draft Day "Sleepers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
off this list, cb geoff pope intrigues me the most. just his numbers and relative obscurity remind me of ike taylor being taken in the 4th round. we havent had much luck with cb's in the 2nd round (if you listen to the fans). i would much rather take a flyer in the 4th than 2nd or 1st.

wich brings me to the 1st round lb's and the supposed negatives that are starting to surface. ive heard negatives on timmons yet i see the steelers show great interest. suprising if the report is paul poz has reached his peak already. if the giants are so high on poz and the steelers so high on timmons a swap of 1sts only seems natural according to how they grade out.

p. willis had a spectacular pro day that even trumped his excellent combine. i wonder if the thoughts that he cant qb a defense is a smokescreen. its seems teams from buffalo, carolina, steelers, bengals, giants, eagles, and patriots would all be happy if he were there with their 1st pick.
You know, despite the poor (by Steeler standards) season Pittsburgh had last year, I don't think they lost the ability to evaluate talent.

Which is why I find it amazing that so many Steeler fans have already thrown the towel in with regards to McFadden and Ike - there is no guarantee that either will ever be elite but you have to think they will continue to improve - as young players do.

The way I see it you need to replace the talent that has grown long in the tooth before you declare young talent a bust.

Thats why I think Steelers will (and should) be looking OL, LB with their early round picks.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote