View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Prospecting for Draft Day "Sleepers"

3. Usama Young, CB, Kent State (5-11, 196 pounds)
Key numbers: 4.39 40-yard dash, 43-inch vertical jump, 6.65 three-cone drill, 10-11 broad jump, 15 reps on the bench press test
I'll put Young's numbers up against anyone in the draft. I have talked with Young and action is starting to pick up on the Kent State campus.

Saw this kid play in 5-6 games, and he has enormous upside. I don't want a CB early because I personally think we are loaded at the position (Ike will rebound, Coke was having a great camp until injured, and Bryant McFadden will be a stud), but if you are going to draft a guy later, this is EXACTLY the kind of guy you draft.

I also think the Steelers are looking at Akron's Andy Alleman. Here's his profile from NFL.com:

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 305 | 40-Time: 5.07

Strengths:
Has a good frame and can still get bigger...Excellent athlete for the position with solid timed speed...Moves well and can adjust in space...Hard worker with a great motor...Plays with a nasty attitude...Light on his feet...Has a good deal of upside.

Weaknesses:
Is raw and he still has much to learn about playing the position from a technique and fundamentals standpoint...Could still stand to add some weight...He needs to get stronger, especially in his lower body...Might not be an ideal fit for everyone.

Notes:
Actually began his career as a defensive end at Pittsburgh before transferring in 2004...The type who would appear to be a perfect fit for teams that run a zone blocking scheme...Not yet a finished product but a prospect on the rise who has intriguing potential and could be one of the initial handful chosen at his position.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote