View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 07:54 AM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Prospecting for Draft Day "Sleepers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
Because Ike has NEVER shown any consistencey at the position. (Though he does posses some physical upside) And after last season he actually seems to have regressed. Which is strange seeing as how he was not 'rushed' into the position.
As well as the fact that,....though he is relatively young. He's far from a rookie,...and can no longer use 'inexperience' as an excuse for mental lapses and or his lack of ball skills and awareness.

But i forgot,...none of this will be a problem for him anymore,.....because we have a new coach. Riiiiiiiiight
I would argue that there were alot of guys who regressed to some extent last year.

The Steeler O-line has long been a real strong point - last time out it almost got Ben killed.

Having Polamalu as a free floating playmaker is great when he diagnoses the right play, but isn't quite so hot when he gets caught too near the LOS and his CB's are exposed deep - factor in a lack of penetration by the LBer/D-line corps and you have problems.

The Steelers are tough talent evaluators, I cannot imagine them giving Ike such a good contract for him not to have a high amount of ability.

Asante Samuel didn't have all the same problems Ike did last year, but he was renowned for having hands-of-rock - he dropped a number of easy picks.

Last year that part of his game fell into place and he racked up 10 INT's when his previous high had been 3.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote