Old 04-04-2007, 11:36 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,618 Times in 2,864 Posts
Default Re: Prospecting for Draft Day "Sleepers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
It was big plays given up by the secondary that gave up points and put us in the position very often to have to play 'shootout'. ( The Falcons game being the greatest example of such lunacy)

Ike is matched up with our opponents 1 receiver,...not because he should be,....it's because we have no other option. And he is unfortunately the 'lesser poison' of a very, very mediocre corps of DB's.
trou polamalu was drafted with the intentions of shutting down players like todd heap in our division. how come he got abused by a. crumpler in that falcons game? that is either on troy or the coaching staff. i cant put any blood on ikes hands for that one.

one would think chad johnson is a scrub, the way ike constantly shuts him down one on one.

there were about 5 td's scored on our db's last year that would only be completions about 1 out of every 10 times. too many times i saw a perfect throw, and a miracle catch, with out db's in perfect, textbook, blanket coverage.

polamalu is above average, and lebeaus scheme has prevented mcfadden or a. smith the opportunity to even prove if they are average or not. i see nothing in this years 1st round cb prospects that suggests they are the next deangello hall. id rather go for a "sleeper" than to reach for a replacement for a player we dont even know needs replaced (ike or troy)