Thread: Playoff's
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 10:13 AM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Playoff's

Considering that basically no one felt this team would get to where they are now this season, I'd have to say anything is possible at this point. This is a very energetic, motivated and talented group of young men with a couple of proven vets who have been there, done that. Mix in the respect and belief these guys have in each other, as well as a no-nonsense coach who also believes in them. I never doubted this team the entire season and I'm not about to start now. Obviously Fleury's play is going to be a key factor and I agree with 83's post above - a lot is going to depend on which MAF we see. I believe the series against the Sens is going to be brutal from a physical standpoint and our guys are going to have to put on their "armor", but at the same time, avoid taking stupid penalties.

All in all, just as with the 2005 Steelers - I believe! With that said, however, IF the Pens don't go far in the playoffs this season, I'll still be beaming with pride over what this team has accomplished this season. We Pens fans certainly can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that the Pittsburgh Penguins are going to be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote