Old 04-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,214 Times in 2,675 Posts
Default Re: An unofficial guide to the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
Yeah,...Pat is one of the most 'objective' and unbiased sportswriter's out there. And he more often than not,....has more of a feel for the draft than,....dare i say,...Mel 'Trebeck' Kiper. LOL
i agree. kiper seems to want to force everybody to think like him in his rankings. what he thinks every team SHOULD do. kirwans mocks are more of looking at each teams personality and trying to figure what they WILL do. kirwans mock last year want accurate by any means, but then again many prognosticators were. im a bit perplexed with his take on the steelers. he had us taking paul pozlunsky in his 1st 3. then leon hall, darelle revis, and now he has us taking justin harrell who hasnt appeared in his 1st round and i havent seen him on the 1st round of many other boards.

from a 2nd rounder to jump to 15 makes me think kirwan has heard some inside info in the last week or 2, or hes convinced the steelers making a slow transition to the 4-3 is just a smokescreen.

it does seem easiest to run a hybrid if we would just stick a player like harrell in there and take a lb off the field. it gives us more options rather than just shiftin kiesel to the olb, which we dont know will be a liability or not.