View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: As A Football fan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i believe ben is listed as probable. as far as his injury i think he was just doing his best bradshaw impersonnation. bradshaw has admitted over embellishing an injury by writhing around on the ground for about 5 minutes only to come in the next series to lead his team on a td drive. he said he liked his team mates and opponents to think he was dead or dying to make his comeback even more miraculous. his team would play harder too after seeing the "pain" he was in and the "courage" he showed in getting back on the field. and they say he was dumb. mondays game should get great ratings. mnf wet dream. the great thing about your team on monday night is you can actually watch and flip through all the other games without your undivided attention being spent on one game. i know during steelers and pats i could barely get up to piss.
Well I hope you are right about Ben - its always good to see a 2 good teams face off with all their star players injury-free.

Interesting point about Bradshaw - nice piece of psychology he used there - I can see how that would work and get his team rallying around him.

Its certainly a clash of the Giants on Monday - heres to a good game.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote