View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: RB Bush up and running just in time for NFL draft

the comparrisons to jerome are uncanny. and i hate every big back being compared to jerome but in this case i have to think he is the closest in the last 15 years. ive always said the next jerome wont be found in the 2-7th rounds. jerome was a top draft prospect for a reason and thats where bush was headed before he was derailed with his injury.

Quote:
Positives: For a player of his size, he shows very good foot agility and balance … Takes short, pitter-patter steps and demonstrates the loose hips to change direction and come out of his breaks with an explosive up-field burst … Very crisp planting and driving in his route cuts and has the feel for the crease and vision to locate the cutback lane … Intense competitor who will do whatever the coaches ask if it will help the team … It is very rare to see him run out of bounds with the ball, as he feels he can be more productive sinking his pads and driving with his legs to drag the opponent for extra yardage rather than taking the easy way out … Has that deceptive burst that allows him to surprise a lethargic defender … Does a nice job of changing angles, but can also build up to top speed quickly when operating deep in the backfield … Is not going to run away from defenders in the open just on pure speed, but can change gears, lower his pads and redirect smoothly to get past the second level (39 runs for 10 or more yards in 2005) … Shows patience waiting for holes to develop, but it is his ability to see the cutback lanes that is the result of his long run success … Most big backs tend to get erect in their stance, but Bush is capable of sinking his hips and keeping his pad level low … Because of his patience waiting for blocks to develop, Bush has had good success through the cutback lanes or bouncing outside to get big yardage … Has the loose hips to redirect and is quite nimble in the open for a player of his size … Even though he is a good downhill runner, his lateral bounce is more effectively used running outside … Does a nice job of staying low in his pads and has the smooth stride moving laterally to make the initial tackler miss … Can either juke the defender or slide step to elude … Sets up his cuts nicely when sliding and has the feet to take the ball long distances