View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 10:19 PM   #9
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Who Should The Raiders Chose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
The question is simple isnt it?
I dont know exactly what everyone else thinks about this, but If I had the number one pick I would chose and I were the Raiders and all their needs.. I would try to trade down 2 or 3 spots and then take the big RB Adrian Peterson.. then use the other picks you pick up and get an O Lineman to help block for him. You start a championship team in my opinion with a strong running game and a stingy defense.. Lets hear some opinions everyone and lets have some fun before this weekends draft...
I would like to see us trade down. I don't want either Russell or Quinn. I don't think either is a legit #1, or worth the money that goes with it.

I'm torn between Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson. CJ is the safe pick and the best player in the draft. AP is a playmaking RB that can help any QB. Lamont Jordan is not a starting quality back, and neither is Rhodes. They may do well as a tandem, but I don't think either of them can carry a team.

We need another QB. Andrew Walter is a ??? at this time. I'm not writing him off, but his confidence may have taken a huge hit after last season. I think he deserves another shot with a better O line, coaching and scheme, but we desperately need some quality depth at the position. If we trade down, we could still get Edwards or Stanton. I think both of these guys could be solid QB's in the NFL, at a lot less money than Quinn or Russell.

I can't wait for this to be over. If we ever have the #1 pick again, I might have to shoot myself!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote