IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts
Default Re: Potential 1st Rnd Draft Day Trades

lets dance with dallas. #15 for #22 and their 2nd:

jerry jones-
Quote:
feel like that we could line up and play with the players that we have before the draft. ... We do not have to have a player at a position," said Jones, who is preparing for his 19th NFL draft. "That gives me a lot of flexibility in any decision that I may make as we get into the draft."

So does having 10 picks, though there is one small problem: The Cowboys, who haven't won a playoff game in 10 seasons, have the 22nd spot Saturday.

"Bill didn't do us any favors," Jones said, smiling. "He left us with a low draft pick."

Without a specifically pressing need and with a few extra picks, Jones may try to move up to get an impact player, preferably on the offensive side of the ball.

"I'm looking at the possibility of, and probably more seriously consider it than I ever have, doing some bundling up (of picks) and trading up," Jones said. "We do have our bases covered, so if there were a player we could reach -- big if, big if -- that could come in and make the obvious impact, then that should be a consideration."
kevin colbert-
Quote:
There are indications the Steelers will use their top pick (No. 15 overall) on a defensive player, and they are interested in trading down in the first round for extra picks since the draft, as Colbert said, is pretty deep.

"We feel good about where we are at 15, but this isn't a bad year to be a little bit lower, too," Colbert said. "We wish we had more than nine picks, quite honestly, because we could really help ourselves.

"This is probably a good draft where more picks midway through (it) is probably a good thing because there are a lot of good players that are going to be available in those three-, four-round areas, so that could be interesting to us."
the 2 gm's are speaking the same language here. i like this idea cause we still have the option of trading #22 to the jets, saints or patriots for their 1st and an aditional 3rd or 4th. not bad for #15.