View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 08:21 PM   #12
silver & black
Team Owner

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Who Should The Raiders Chose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
Nice ideas for your Raiders.. I think that the Raiders would be alot better off trading down myself and maybe getting A Peterson at RB.. but you have to work on your O Line the rest of the draft and get a young QB in the 2nd, there is no ? that the Raiders need some talent at QB to me. I have a good friend that is a Die Hard Raiders fan...bless his heart.. But I think that your way of thinking would be good about your team (Raiders) Good Luck Bud..
Thanks for the reply. What does your Raider fan friend have to say about the draft?

The overwhelming majority of Raider fans seem to want Russell. I think having the #1 pick (first time in the history of the franchise) clouds better judgement. Trading down is just the smart thing to do. We could still get a decent QB in the second without paying a fortune for one of the top 2 that, in my opinion, aren't much better.

As you said, we could use the extra picks to bolster the O line. I just can't see any advantage to paying all that money to one of the top picks when we are not a #1 pick away from contending. We should use this draft wisely and build a solid foundation on which to get back to top form. Hopefully, we will. I guess we'll all find out on Saturday.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote