LITP's 1st Round Mock(ed) Draft
1. Oakland - Calvin Johnson(WR) - I think the Raiders fail to resist the temptation of selecting the biggest sure thing since....the last one.
2. Detriot - Brady Quinn(QB) - Quinn gets a year under the expert tutelage of Kitna.
3. Cleveland - JaMarcus Russell(QB) - Big armed Russell ends up in the AFCN
4. Tampa Bay - Gaines Adams(DE) - No CJ for Tampa - pass rush gets upgrade.
5. Arizona - Joe Thomas(OT) - Cards pass on Peterson and give the Edge some help.
6. Washington - LaRon Landry(S) - Redskins go with one of the safer(ty) picks in this years 1st round.
7. Minnesota - Amobi Okoye(DE) - No Tomlin - change of empasis on D-line - Vikes pick up an athlete to compete with the run stopping Williams blobs.
8. Atlanta - Adrian Peterson(RB) - Warwick's Done in Atlanta - this confirms it.
9. Miami - Chris Houston(CB) - Miami get younger on an ageing yet impressive D.
10. Houston - Levi Brown (OT) - Schaub gets the the sort of total protection you might expect in a happy meal.
11. San Francisco - Patrick Willis (ILB) - The best LBer in this years draft helps shore up a weak run D.
12. Buffalo - Alan Branch (DT) - Buffalo upgrades the D-line
13. St Louis - Adam Carriker (DE) - Rams nab Pittsburghs intended target.
14. Carolina - Ted Ginn Jr (WR) - Now Carolina have a WR to take the pressure off one-man-offense Steve Smith
15. Pittsburgh - Jarvis Moss (OLB) - Pass rush is the missing link in Steelerville - say hello to the next Joey Porter.
16. Green Bay - Marshawn Lynch(RB) - One of the safer predictions to make this year - Packers go RB.
17. Jacksonville - Jamaal Anderson(DE) - Must...pressure...Manning.
18. Cincinatti - Darrell Revis (CB) - A nice faller for Cincy. (okay I forgot to put him in earlier)
19. Tennesee - Greg Olsen(TE) - Vince gets his safety valve.
20. Giants - Laurence Timmons (OLB) - Woeful NY LBer corps gets..you guessed it...an upgrade.
21. Denver - Robert Meachem(WR) - - Denver are looking excellent on D so address the offensive side of the ball - another young QB gets first round target.
22. Dallas - Michael Griffin(S) - Second best safety on the board drops to the Cowboys.
23. Kansas City - Aaron Ross(CB) - Ageing DB's get a shot of ...ummm..youth. Starting to regret doing comments now. Ho hum.
24. New England - Jon Beason(ILB) - Patriots snag the prototypical ILB they wanted all along (in a mock draft designed by a Patriots fan!)
25. Jets - Paul Pozluzny (OLB) - Upgrade etc etc
26. Philadelphia - Reggie Nelson (S) - Philly always value quality DBers - they get one here.
27. New Orleans - David Harris (ILB) - Terrible Saints run D gets a shot ....in the arm.
28. New England - Joe Staley(OT) - I think the Patriots are set on the O-line - the Patriots draft for value instead of need.
29. Baltimore - Dwayne Bowe(WR) - Drafting D comes naturally to the Ravens, Drafting O ...doesn't. They have a go anyway.
30. San Diego - Dwayne Jarrett(WR) - Chargers FO see through the combine 'fog' and draft a WR who is capable of catching the ball and not dropping it - will lack company in San Diego.
31. Chicago Bears - Brandon Merriweather(S) - Talent overruling character concerns? Its the NFC - any short coming will only be exposed in the SB or against halfway decent AFC opposition.
32. Indianapolis - Justin Harrell(DT) - Some bulk for a lightweight IColts defense.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.