View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #111
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Randy Moss To The Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I said they sold their souls for another championship. So far, it really does look like they have sold their souls. Lots of teams have signed deals with the devil, but very few of those deals have panned out. One doesn't sell his soul cheap. And the Pats have built a mold that some of these new players don't fit into.

I think my statement is perfectly logical and justified. We'll all have to wait and see how it works out. But I can say that if the Steelers made these same moves, I would not be happy. I want the Steelers to play fair, and win or lose, be good character guys.
A mold that seemed to fit Bryan Cox, Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon you mean?

Its a media created impression that we only employ the whitest of the white, what they actually do is recruit the guys who are willing to do what it takes, putting personal ego's on hold or whatever, to make the Patriots a better team.

You better believe that the hardcore vet presense in the Patriots locker room wont allow any destructive behavior to start.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote