View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 09:40 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts
Default Reasons to be optimistic about C. Batch

first of all ben is not replaceable, and their may only be about 5 STARTERS in the nfl that could replace what he brings to the table, let alone 2nd and 3rd stringers. but there are plenty of reasons steelers can succeed with batch or maddox.

the steelers went through this last year. rallying behind a back up qb is not unfamiliar to them.

batch has been on the team for a while and is trully a team mate. the players, and more importantly, coaches know, like , and respect him and im sure they will lay it on the line for him.

t. maddox started the final game against the bills last year and didnt play real well. however the defense and running game stepped up big for what was a huge win securing a 15-1 record.

batch will probably look like ben did as a rookie, making early mistakes and possibly throw some untimely interceptions but just as the other players picked up the slack for ben as he improved they will do the same for batch.

not to much game film on batch for the opposing defenses to study.

batch is still young for a veteran. this is when many 8 year qb's would be entering their prime.

batch is from pittsburgh, loves the city and the team and will be living out a dream. this has to give him extra incentive to do well.

j. bettis, w. parker, d. staley, excellent wr and te core. and the best d in the nfl.

hes not a complete unknown like b. st. pierre. batch has proven he can play and start in the nfl. im sure no one would rather see brian in there at this point.

we all know steelerfans can be quick to turn on a qb who doesnt perform. i hope the fans at the game next week cheer loud and often and keep the boo-birds away if he makes an early mistake. confidence will be key for him and i think the fans support will give him this. no need to shake his confidence and turn on him too quick, because at this point he is critical in going 4-1, and on.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote