View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 02:31 AM   #2
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109
Default Re: Round 1 For Pittsburgh

Lets go to the tape:

Offense: both are ball control crews but PIT has more playmakers. Think about it. If you had to choose one who would you take, Bettis/Staley or Martin, Jordan; Burress and Ward or Moss(ahem...Santana)and Chrebet; etc. the list goes on. Plus in case of a shootout, we can go downfield, NYJ doesn't have that luxury all day.

Defense: I'd like to think that being #1 in the NFL gives you the edge here, but for conversation. NYJ gave up a 10 point lead to SD this weekend. Bill Cowher is something like 78-1-1 when up by 10. Last time I checked PIT's scoring average in its history was like 22 so that means we only let teams score maybe 12. We stop the run and zone the pass, advantage us.

Special teams: Seems they get us in the playoffs, but Gardocki is great at not outkicking the coverage and Reed seems so confident at whatever range, so I would say us playing on our unpredeictable home turf.

So there you go, edge to us in the big three categories. Lets hope the game is as big a rout as the stat sheet.