fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,415 Times in 513 Posts
Default Re: Pro Athletes Above The Law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
These men (and some women) don't occupy the same space most people do. Their lives are different, they're privileged. Don't hate them for what they have and what they can get away with. Hate yourselves for allowing it to come to this. Every time you buy a hat with the NFL logo on it, you're saying it's ok that the league has thugs and scumbags. Everytime you watch a game, you say it's ok for Pacman Jones to be in a strip club at 3 AM. Everytime you go see a game in person, you're saying it's ok for Mike Vick to have dog fights at his house.

We're as much to blame in all of this as the NFL and the players. But in today's world of it always being someone else's fault, we'll never acknowldege that fact.
So I should boycott the NFL because a fairly small percentage of its players think they're above the law? Sorry, not happening. I'm also not going to "hate myself" because the majority of them have been coddled from pretty much junior high on up. I'm not a coach, school administrator, or teacher - I had no hand in that. I didn't tell Pacman Jones to go to a strip club, throw 80 grand worth of small bills on the stage and then foolishly try to get it back, and I'm sorry, I'm not about to blame myself for it either.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote