View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 02:25 PM   #18
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Ravens overconfident?

The Ravens have an awesome D - in fact it may well be a little too awesome in terms of salary cap distribution.

They have so much talent, and its talent that costs big bucks to maintain - they would be wise to invest some of that money in a playmaking WR and more importantly a good quality younger QB.

The Ravens strike me as one dimensional, if you can get ahead early then I don't see theirs as an offense that is capable of playing catch up - what they are great at is getting ahead then stomping you into the ground.

As long as the Bengals don't pick 2007 as the year to totally self destruct I can see this being a hugely competitive division - whoever limps out of it will struggle to get a top 2 seeding.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote