tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,817 Times in 4,476 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Release Veteran Punter Chris Gardocki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
That's a little harsh. But did you know he never had a punt blocked? Seriously, it's a little known fact in Steeler history. Never.......ever. Also, Ben likes cheese.

I like cheese, I like cheese, I like cheese, I like cheese, I like cheese, I like cheese, I like cheese, I like cheese, I like cheese, I like cheese, I like cheese, I like cheese.......yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

that caught me totally off guard

gardocki gave us some good years. i even give him a pass on last year because he was just one of many who screwed the pooch (pardon the pooch-punt pun). atleast he had age to use as an excuse.

a generous and good move by the steelers to realize he wasnt the future, and let him go early, to compete in some other camp, rather than letting him hang for a long time (something his punts could no longer do)

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sepulveda era officially begins! I watched this guy in college for a couple years and he can be really special. Plus he's got to be the most athletic punter I've ever seen! No sissy punter jokes comin' his way...

I think Gardoki's experience was his biggest benefit to our team. Think he'll hang em up or sign with someone else?
do the patriots need a punter? they love older steeler re-treads. i think gardocki can make a roster somewhere. i hear he's never had a kick blocked in his whole career.