View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Steelers' Alan Faneca: I'll Play Devil's Advocate

I liked your article. And if you're talking about an individual, then your comments make sense. However, we're talking about a business that involves number crunching and a team that has done it well over the last 10 years (at least).

Now, I didn't blame Faneca for being upset. I believe he has a valid point. He's one of the best lineman in the league and deserves a pay raise. However, he took his beef public instead of to the people that make the decision. Faneca, in my eyes, now looks like a player trying to break the bank.

As it has been previously stated, we've got other players that need to be signed to long term deals. And since that involves the team as a whole, players need to understand, including Faneca, that this is a business and if you want to be on top you have to decide what "On Top" means. Does it mean the big fat contract you sign? Or does it mean the number of times you pick up a Lombardi Trophy and a Super Bowl Ring? From what I've gathered to this point the FO is worried about the latter while Faneca is worried about the money!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote