View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 10:46 AM   #24
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: One of the Scariest Things You'll Ever Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Again, with all due respect, I have to question the propriety of a post when we have been forced to dole out infractions for other politically-based threads that have devolved to name-calling over less controversial subjects than the one dealt with in the initial post of this thread. I don't have a choice but to question the propriety of the thread on the open board when the post itself is made on the open board. Would you rather we lock the thread from behind the scenes? I doubt you would. You can post and simply leave, whereas we have to deal with things when they explode. I was simply trying to head the problems off at the pass, because honestly, I don't see any other purpose of this post than to incite. Thanks.
How about letting these threads work themselves out, and doling out infractions after people actually break the rules?

The original post could only be thought of as 'incitement' by those who do not wish to debate the subject - if that is so, then the opportunity is always there to just ignore the thread.

Politics is a part of this board, for better or worse, and I don't think heading problems off with heavy sarcasm is the way to go either.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote