View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403
Default Re: Big Ben champions no-huddle schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
balls to the wall. nobody is expecting much from the steelers outside of pittsburgh, and it can almost be cosidered the beginning of a rebuilding phase (although i dont think so). we dont have nothing to lose if we atleast attempt to come out and explode on offense.
I agree with Tony, the low expectations -- new coaches, new offensive/defensive philosophies, absence of Porter and Hartings, Faneca's unhappines -- will work in the Steelers' favor. Hopefully our opponents will buy into it hook, line and sinker.

Ben's assertion that the team never ran the no-huddle last season is not exactly accurate; they sometimes used it on two-minute drills and almost always had success with it (most notably in the Raiders fiasco, but it was too little too late). I distinctly remember thinking each time, why isn't this a constant part of the offense? Ben looked like a completely different passer on those drills; confident, accurate and in control.

One thing can be said for sure -- this year, it's on Ben. He gets to call the plays, the protections, everything. If the Steelers sink, there's no question where the responsibility will fall first. I think he's up to it, but time will tell.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote