Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,519 Times in 3,752 Posts
Default Re: dan rooney on bill cowher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACEB View Post
Before everyone gets all crazy defending Cowher, ask yourself do you expect to win more than 1 SB in 15 years no matter who the coach is? I do! If that doesn't work try to remember how you felt after those two loses to the Pats! 'F**king Cowher that choker' never crossed your mind or came out of your mouth.
Seeing as there are 32 teams, winning one SB every 15 years works out to twice as many as arguably should be expected, especially for a small market team that cannot spend its way out of personnel mistakes.

Cowher was not Lombardi, Noll or Walsh, but ask Lions or Falcons fans (to use two examples) if they would take his record over what they have been served up for the last 15 years.

I hope Tomlin works out and certainly had issues with the 2006 model of Cowher, but for everyone who regards his departure as an unqualified blessing, be careful what you wish for. If Tomlin was told today he would have Cowher's record over the next 15 years I bet he would take it in a heartbeat.

P.S. - he lost 4 home AFC championship games, but I admit 2 would have been bad enough.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote