View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 06:08 PM   #28
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: dan rooney on bill cowher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACEB View Post
I would love to see Cowher go to Cleveland, that way we could beat the snot out of him year in and year out.

I think Cowher was a very good coach for us, but great?? I don't think so. I think he showed great promise taking the team to the SB in his 3rd season, but in the end he was just like Marty his mentor. I know there is alot of love for Cowher but really one SB win in 15 years and losing 2 AFC championship games at home is inexcusable.

There are many who doubt coach Tomlin, I do not. I would love to see Cowher in Cleveland just to prove to the doubters who the better coach is, which I believe will be Tomlin.

Before everyone gets all crazy defending Cowher, ask yourself do you expect to win more than 1 SB in 15 years no matter who the coach is? I do! If that doesn't work try to remember how you felt after those two loses to the Pats! 'F**king Cowher that choker' never crossed your mind or came out of your mouth.

Come home to Cleveland Bill, we're all waiting!!!
The thing is Cowher would almost certainly make the Browns very competitve in the AFCN - and thats with the bengals and Ravens already looking like tough opposition.

Sure, Cowher may have been outcoached in the AFCCG a couple of times but when it comes to building a fundamentally sound team Cowher would be near the top of my list (along with Belichick and Parcells).

Cowher to the Browns can only have negative connotations - mainly because Cleveland has nowhere to go but up.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote