View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #33
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: You are the Steelers GM.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1207 View Post
Ben/Troy may not be an option you proposed in your poll, but "realistically" it is the one option that will most likely play out. Fanaca is most likely good as gone, especially considering his comments to the media prior to mini-camp. The Steelers will most likely sign Troy to a lucrative contract this summer, and then concentrate on Ben after that. As for Hines, he just got his deal two years ago, and if he becomes to expensive for his production, he will be asked to restructure, or get the ax.

So, I guess what I am getting at, is how can you have a poll, without the most realistic option as one of the options? It would be like conducting a poll on the Republican Primary race without including McCain, Gulliani, or Romney as choices in the poll.
You basically answered your own question for me.

If I put the most obvious answer, which also happens to be the most favorable answer, as an option everyone would have voted for it - therefore negating the need for a poll in the first place.

So we would have learnt that everyone loves Ben and Troy more than Hines and Faneca - I dont think anybody would be fainting with surprise at those findings, right?

I look forward to your forthcoming poll based upon the question : 'Do we want to win the Superbowl this year?'....dont forget to include the most realistic answer
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote