View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #75
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: The Republicans have sold out America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Hard to argue Noonan has always been part of the blame Bush first crowd, as evidenced by this valentine she wrote after the 2004 election:

God bless our country.

Hello, old friends. Let us savor....

And now the president is speaking. He announced his agenda: reform the tax code, privatize Social Security, help the emerging democracies of Iraq and Afghanistan. "And then our servicemen and -women will come home with the honor they have earned."

"Today I want to speak to every person who voted for my opponent. . . . I need your support. . . . I will do all that I can do to earn your trust. . . . We have one country, one Constitution, and one future that binds us." All good. Savor

http://www.opinionjournal.com/column.../?id=110005844

Peggy - those were the days, eh?

W led a GOP Congress around by the nose for 6 years and the Dems have controlled Congress with a non-veto proof majority for less than 5 months - IMHO Bush takes the hit for what has happened politically since he took office with Rove's "you are with me or with the terrorists" approach to governing and has himself to blame for the growing and apparently across the board alienation from his policies.

Amen!
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote