Old 06-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,808 Times in 4,080 Posts
Default Re: Sign Troy now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
That was a great read on that article... and a number of his predictions came true. Porter is gone, high drafts on OLB's, Punter drafted in late rounds, Gardocki gone, he even left the Faneca situation up in the air...

However, I sincerely doubt that Troy will be gone. We have a Tampa two man that is probably SALIVATING over our Safeties right now. Yeah, Troy will be back.
if you like that article where the focus was extending polamalu, you will definitely like this one he did:

http://www.steelersalarycap.com/arti...Projection.htm

My EARLY 2007 Steelers Roster/Salary Cap Projections

Written by steelersalarycap

January 10, 2007
he accurately predicts-

*the steelers resigning b. st pierre. "St. Pierre would most likely receive a one-year contract for NFL minimum."

*"Despite the disappointing season, I do not foresee the Steelers signing many free agents"

*"I am also guessing the Steelers will receive two conditional draft picks, both in the 4th round." (he was off on 2 4ths)

*"I would think the Steelers would try to resign Najeh Davenport, who shouldn?t receive too much attention as an unrestricted free agent"

*"I think Hartings will be done. I think he retires. "

*"Max Starks should be tendered the tender amount that would return the Steelers a draft pick equal to the round the player was originally drafted. For Starks, the Steelers would get a 3rd round pick. This tender amount, according to the 2006 CBA extension would be $850,000. In my opinioin, it would be best if another team did offer Starks a higher offer. The Steelers would not match it, and receive a 3rd round draft pick. I think Starks will be a Steeler."

*restructuring aaron smiths contract- "Aaron Smith will return - with a new contract extension. During the 2006 offseason, the Jets signed Kimo Von Oelhoffen (an unrestricted free agent) to a three-year contract worth $9.2 million, which included a $3.2 million signing bonus. Von Oelhoffen was 34 year old at that time, and Smith will be a few years younger. I think it would take more to extend Smith. I am guessing a four-year contract extension (three additional years) worth $16 million, which would include a $5 million signing bonus. His 2007 salary cap value would then be $1 million (base salary) plus ($1.25 million prorated SB for new extension) plus $2,360,666 (prorated SB from existing contract)."

he breaks down the entire roster position by position:

Quote:
So, in review, I resigned St. Pierre, Davenport, Morey, Bailey, Iwuoma, and Carter. I tendered offers to Washington, Starks, and Warren. I extended Faneca, Aaron Smith, and Polamalu. I signed Barr, and I have five drafted rookies making the team. I feel the greatest need in the 2007 draft is OLB, and feel RB, MLB, DE, OT are other needs. There is adequate salary cap space to maybe sign a free agent or two, but I am not expecting too much free agent activity.