tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,028 Times in 4,565 Posts
Default Re: Steelers putting in the time on special teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
No kidding Kriewaldt makes it sound like this new attention to detail on special teams is like splitting the atom....lol I have a feeling Kriewaldt might be gone....He really is just a special teams player...Yes he can backup at ILB but he really he isn't much of an ILB.....So if this new approach to special teams is "overkill" then it might be good bye Clint...lol

Never understood why the Steelers kept three special teams aces like Cowher did with Chidi,Morey and Kriewaldt the last few years...
my 1st thought upon reading that is he may be writing his ticket out of town. but he has been a steeler (and a contributor on the forgotten special teams) long enough, that perhaps he may just be getting used to actually having to practice.

now ive never been to a training camp, but looking at ryan clarks words i get the impression that camp was alot of "dog and pony show" with flash and pizazz for the fans.

i could be wrong but those who have gone can maybe chime in.

im a little dissapointed to think cowher wouldnt even give the special teams coach the time, or even the leash to coach his unit. but then i was disappointed they didnt even bother having a qb coach until 2001 (i wonder how kordell woulda actually turned out if he were properly coached all all those years he went w/o one.

and jeff reed sounding giddy because the new regime provided him with a practice tool that cowher never found necessary is a bit disappointing too.

i mean was it cowher just making all these strange decisions or were the rooneys putting the pressure on him to limit spending? i do know with the money saved by going with tomlin, instead of cowher, theres plenty of money left over to buy kicker's practice uprights, 2 special teams coaches, better food in the cafeteria, and all that other stuff we may not know about.