View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 01:44 PM   #8
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482
Default Re: MySpace: Why are people so naive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Coming from a man that has a teenage daughter who thinks myspace is the best thing since Adam & Eve and sliced bread, I agree with your sentiments on this. I've spoken with my daughter on more than one occassion about how people come on to those websites looking to create such haneous (sp) acts against children.

Of course to her, I'm a freaking idiot adult who doesn't know any better. I've given her stats and I've tried to educate her on the male species. But she flat out refuses to listen to what I'm telling her. Of course she's learning from the male friends here, rather than just on myspace that I'm right.

So I can only hope that stories like this and my own input will deter her from such actions in the future.

But blaming myspace is just a lack of responsibility, maturity, and accountability on the parent's behalf.
From someone who is only 24 let me just say that I am a fan of MySpace. I use it quite a bit to keep in touch with High school and college friends since we are all over the country and rarely see eachother. Its a good way to keep in touch with whats going on in eachothers lives. However, I agree with you 100%. People should teach their children whats right and whats wrong. Thats what comes with being a parent. People that let their children do whatever, whenever then blame others for their childrens screw ups should be held just as accountable.

All I can say is keep up the good work man.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote