View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #13
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: MySpace: Why are people so naive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
What do ya do in cases were parents do not monitor there kids internet activity, you blame them. I keep all my kids in check and even my 9 year old who is new to the internet world will not get a myspace page until she is old enough and learns about all the threats out there. There is to many guys and even women out there looking for possible victims to prey on.

Back in the days you could let your kid go down the street with no problems, now you have to watch. And now you have to take caution and teach them everything about the internet and what to do and not to do, just liking teaching them what to look out for at the park. Internet has become a part of everyday life as going to the park and you have to double your work load on teaching them everything for both areas. Being a parent is not easy but you must take every precaution to protect your child without taking to much away but keeping them safe and giving them the knowledge they need to help.

I have 5 kids, 3 on myspace, 1 learning the internet now, and 1 well heck she running around crapping in diapers.
Chrono, I'm with you. I have 3 kids. One has a my space, one doesn't really care about the internet unless he has homework, and the other is like your little one - running around crapping in diapers. The oldest gets monitored and occassionally I will check her myspace for photo content and message content. Some days I think she just wants to ignore that those "type" of people exist in this world.

Back in the day, I remember leaving the house during the day and only coming home to eat lunch - if that. Then we'd come home when we heard our mom's radar tone voice yell it was time for dinner. Man those were the days. Who went and screwed that up?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote