View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 AM   #28
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: MySpace: Why are people so naive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67 View Post
It's funny, talking to my mom recently, she said she was so glad that the Internet became popular after I was out of the house...otherwise, it would be a whole other thing to worry about.

I went through HS right before cell phones and Internet. Some of my friends had pagers (remember those?) and would use pay phones. We had a PC but the only internet was slow modem access to bulliten boards.

Now, every kid has a cel phone!

I remember trying to get my sister off the phone during one of her marathon conversations with her friends, just to call a buddy to get a time to pick him up. Ah, how things have changed in a few short years.
Another thing I find weird is thinking back to the days when you would speak to someone on your landline and agree to meet them at a certain time - then you'd basically be at the mercy of something going wrong for them on the way - they'd have no way to contact you - leaving you stood round like a lemon.

Mobile phones are absolutely indispensible nowadays.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote