View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Movies during the off season

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I found that you actually have to watch the entire movie. If you miss 5 minutes of it, you'll have to go back. I tried watching it a few days after getting it for my b-day but my daughter woke up and by the time I got back, there were too many questions. Didn't feel like going back on it.

It flops back and forth a lot which drove me crazy but I thought overall it was a good movie. I liked the scene at the end when the old man apologized for not being a good father (like he thought he could have done better) and the son said you were a great dad (or something like that).

It was good to hear the story, I'm thinking about getting the Letters from Iwo Jima but movie purchases are on hold right now.
I found that it wasn't as bad as "Letters from Iwo Jima", but I would have preferred if Mr. Eastwood focused more on the battle itself. With "Letters from Iwo Jima", I felt Clint showed the 'Japanese" in a cute and cuddly light. He did not bother showing mothers grasping their kids while jumping off cliffs or the 'Japenese' soldiers executing our boys on site (instead he showed American soldiers executing two Japanese soldiers). After making that film, I hope Mr. Hollywood Clint will make a movie pertaining to the Bataan Death March. Let's show the true colors of the Japanese. I doubt it though, Clint seems to be jumping on the typical Hollywood loon wagon. God forbid we offend a certain group.

To be honest, after watching both films, I'm completely turned off by Clint Eastwood. This is coming from a HUGE Eastwood Westen movie buff. "High Plains Drifter", 'The Outlaw Josie Whales" and "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" being my all time favorite Western films.