Old 06-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #10
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Regressing Pirates reeling after sweep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I was overexaggerating back there. I'm just so frustrated that the Pirates keep on losing. That's why I'm so negative about them on occasion.
On occasion? Hell, I'm negative about them all the time. There really is no excuse for the team to be this bad, not with all of the talent they clearly have - you have to be either blind or ignorant to not see it. When you see the same mistakes being made over and over and over again, that is a failure of the manager and coaching staff, plain and simple. Jim Tracy should NEVER have been hired to manage this team. And what the hell did Jeff Manto ever do to deserve to be a hitting coach? He was a .230 hitter for his career, for God's sake! And don't even get me started on the joke that is Jim Colborn. It's a friggin miracle that the man has managed to get Snell and Gorzelanny to be successful. He's totally ruined Zach Duke and Paul Maholm, to the point that I don't see either one turning things around any time soon. The ONLY reason these jokers have jobs is because management was too damn cheap to find people worth a damn. Bob Nutting says he wants to win? Bull-f'ing-shit!

It's really a shame what's happened to this once proud franchise.