View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 11:40 PM   #7
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284
Default Re: O.K. we`ve heard the best memory not the worst

worst game ever '76 Pittsburgh @ Oakland (28-31):

The game that prompted Raider DB George Atkinson's slander lawsuit against Chuck Noll! This is a great recording and one of my personal favorites (in spite of the final score), featuring tons of absolutely brutal hits at the very peak the most vicious rivalry in NFL history! Of course, there are plenty of cheap shots by the Raiders, including Atkinson's infamous blow to Lynn Swann's head (prompting Noll to dub Atkinson part of the "criminal element" in the league, setting off the lawsuit). But Mel Blount inflicts some damage of his own to Raider WR Cliff Branch, picking him up and driving him head first into the ground. Blount is outstanding, as is John Stallworth. Unfortunately, the Steelers (who lead 28-14 at one point in the 4th quarter) somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the final moments of the game. Excellent quality, but missing a few minutes of action early in the 3rd quarter, as well as the last couple of minutes of the game. The nice part about this is, the tape ends with the Steelers still clinging to the lead, so it kinda seems like we won! i got a couple of old tapes forma ferinds dad that live sin NY hes againts fan but his dads a steeler fan form 70's so hehe i got his old stash.