View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: The 2007 NHL Draft: No elite prospect this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
I agree with this article and disagree with the 'redline article'. IMO, picking at #20 in the NHL draft is basically a crap shoot. At times you get lucky, but I'm not holding my breath nor am I waiting in anticipation while we sit at #20. If anything, I'm hoping our late rounds drafting turns around. Over the years the Penguins in particular have not exactly grabbed that diamond in the rough type player when it comes to drafting in the later rounds compared to other NHL teams (Example: Detroit/Datysuk).

Personally, I feel if there isn't anything still around at #20 that really catches Shero's eye, I wouldn't be completely against the Penguins simply trading their #20/Malone/Orpik or Melichar in a package deal. That's IF there isn't anybody on the board (preferably a winger IMO) worth taking a gamble on in Shero's opinion.

On that note, here's to hoping Versus get's it right and I don't end up watching bull riding or some type of martial arts reality tv show. Much like with picking at #20, I'm not holding my breath.
Sorta like how NBC rips off playoff games.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote