Old 06-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #18
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Another Bengal Busted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
CS85...

I am going to say the same to you I said to S&B...

The problems isn't the players... it is the leadership itself, the ownership. If the ownership stepped up and told Lewis... You have 1 month to straighten this ship, or your gone, it would be done. What you need is new owners/management. If the coach won't step up, then a new coach as well. The players will rise or fall to the level of expectation put upon them, in all aspects of their sport.
I don't know about all of that...you can blame the coach/owners for picking up players with questionable character and maybe for keeping them too long...but Marvin Lewis can't babysit all of these guys so they won't get in trouble.

I'm sure Marvin Lewis and the ownership are just as embarassed as anyone by this point...but what can you really do? I mean, you can tell by this year's draft that they decided to stop taking risks on players with red flags, but when players like Quincy Wilson who had no red flags (other than goint to WVU) start getting arrested, what are you supposed to do?

I don't really know how much freedom the organization has to cut these players based on their bad behavior, especially with the NFLPA and the fact that many of these guys aren't actually being convicted...but I expect that Quincy and most of the other troublemakers will be cut at the very least by training camp. I think Odell and Henry were the last guys to receive second chances.

It might take a while to weed out all of the bad seeds. It's something that has grown in the organization over the past couple of years. And now that the organization (and the league) has finally noticed, it's gonna take a little while to revert.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote