View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: offensive line woes and willie parker

I dont think you can expect to remain dominant in any one facet of the game for too long these days - HC's and co-ords are getting much better at watching how teams gain success against a certain team and game planning accordingly.

Two examples of this I can think of would be the Pats getting beat up by ATL and S.D Tight Ends (admittedly two of the best in the league) and the fairly ineffective Colts passing game this year - on a side note there - if the Edge were to get an injury the ass would truly fall out of the Colts offensive juggernaut.

I think Fast Willie is a little over-rated and he doesnt suit the between the tackles running style preferred by the Steelers - however once you are able to add a fully fit Duce Staley back into the mix you will notice a large upturn in Willie's output - he is talented for sure but still learning the game!

The Steelers have a lot of talent spread over various parts of the team - Miller is a beast at TE and Polamalu is having a fierce year too.

On the downside Cowher is one of the worst coaches I can think of at making calls on-the-fly - when things deviate from the game plan A he seems to come up short.

To finish on a positive note I will repeat what I have said on other threads at the start of this year - Big Ben is a top notch QB already - quite scary when you consider he is still learning also - I mean...when is a QB's supposed 'peak' ????? 30 something no?

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote