View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 07:56 PM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: offensive line woes and willie parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
in all fairness to cowher defense is his specialty. and he has loose reigns on his o-coordinaters making the calls.

r. erhardt
c. gailey
r. sherman
m mularkey
k. gilbride
k wisenhunt....am i missing anyone?

not only does cowher develop alot of players who go on to lucrative contracts, but coaches too.
3 of the afformentionned have been head coaches (wisenhunt will be plucked soon- but he is going through a sophmore jinx just like ben-SARCASM) r. grimm is the one weve been lucky enough to keep

while were at it lets look at the defensive coaches under cowher who have moved on and became head coaches:

lebeau
lewis
capers
hasslett
r. zook made it too in the college ranks but barely worth mention

i dont think cowher is one of the worst coaches at anything. (except coaching multiple teams)
I think Cowher's 'eye for talent' is unquestionable - you cant be as consistently competitive as the Steelers without having a talented team.

If the game was played on the chalk board I would back him to win most games - but im afraid when it comes to using a little improvisation - he is all at sea.

Solid game planning allied with a talented, well drilled team is going to get you regular season success more often than not - the problem is - when you get to the playoffs (esp. in the AFC) all the teams have this and you need a little something extra to make it to the big game - either that or get a transfer to the NFC!

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote