View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,930 Times in 1,837 Posts
Default Whats that smell.....Skunk

I was just getting ready for bed last night, I let the dog out for the last time and a few minutes later I smell this grotesque oder. I look in the back yard and there's my dog rolling around on the grass likes he's on fire and I think oh god please no, please don't let him be the one that got skunked. Well it was.
So I leave him outside till I figure out what to do. I knew tomato juice didn't really work, prior experience with a friends dog. I jumped on the computer to look up a way to clean off my dog and came up with this and it really does work 100%. Nothing like bathing your dog at midnight keeping an eye out for the skunk. After the bath with this mix he is stink free. Thought I'd post it for, well you never know.

Skunk Smell Remover
1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 cup Baking Soda
2 tbsp Dish Detergent. The stuff for washing dishes in the sink, not something for dishwashers.

Mix the ingredients in a large bowl, because it will boil up like Vesuvius. We are, after all, making an oxygen generator. Wash the dog with this while it is still foaming, because it is the oxygen which reacts with the thiols in the skunk stink to neutralize the odor. If it sits around, it will loose it's efficacy because the oxygen boils off. Don't try to store it in an airtight container, because it will blow up. The brew also works for clothes, humans and unlucky cats.
Keep out of the eye's and mouth.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote