View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 09:17 PM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: offensive line woes and willie parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
cowhers lack of success in the sb is an undeniable fact. to call him the worst at anything is a bit extreme. i will always believe that marv levy was a great coach. same with cowher. i will always take a cowher coached team over a billick, holmgren, or shanahan coached team any day. i think gruden and vermiel and reid are better than the 3 i mentionned. (just to show i am not biased)
I didnt call him the worst - I said he was 'one of the worst' in the league - but even this may or may not be an exaggeration.

The thing is due to the fact that they are one of the more talented, well drilled teams in the league - the Steelers are playing alot of 'big games' both in the regular season and in the playoffs - this is when people scruitinise coaches and players with great intensity.

It may be fair to say that the Arizona Cardinals or the 49ers have staff that is worse at thinking on-the-fly - but its just thats its not highlighted as much due to their teams consistent lack of recent success - they dont get involved in many tight games that mean anything.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote